1

1997 Toyota Camry

Marktembo123

October, 30, 2012 AT 9:57 AM

1 ). When the engine is cold, example, in the morning before starting for work, starting the engine is O.K, but when you apply gas immediately after starting, it fails to pump fuel, even swithes off the engine. You have to wait for the engine to warm up that's when it can pump the fuel.
2 ). When the engine becomes hot, the fun/s has to start running to help the radiator cool the engine. This is not happening, and as resut, the water in the radiator boils and comes out in large quantities. In short I cannot use the car when it's hot and when travelling longer distance.
Could you help what could be wrong?

October, 30, 2012 AT 10:10 AM

Do you have a check engine light On or has come on and disappeared?

Q1-check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also clean the MAF sensor

Q2-Inspect and test the engine coolant temperature sensor and fan relay-Let me know

Marktembo123

October, 30, 2012 AT 1:40 PM

1 ). Yes, the Check Engine light is on. It might be off when you are just starting to drive, but it is always on as you keep on driving.
2 ). I will check the fuel specs and also clean the MAF sensor. I will give you a feedback by tomorrow.
3 ). Will also Inspect and test the engine coolant temperature sensor and fan relay. I will give you a feedback by tomorrow as well.
4 ). Just doubting the location of these items on the same car. I may need a technician to help and locate them. I am in the process of ordering a manual for this car.
I value most of your answers. I strongly believe they will help.

October, 30, 2012 AT 10:28 PM

Scan the computer for code/s

Fuel pressure: 2.2 L / 3.0 L 44-50psi

3.0L Mass Air Flow Meter (3.0L) On left side of engine compartment, part of air intake assembly

Marktembo123

October, 31, 2012 AT 5:42 AM

Thanks nice people. I will definitely give you a feedback after checking my car.

October, 31, 2012 AT 6:00 AM

I'm not done till you are fixed

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage