CAR WONT START WHEN KEY IS TURNED

1997 Subaru Legacy

Andy24529

December, 7, 2012 AT 4:50 PM

Car won't start when key is turned. It will start when alternate power is supplied to the solinoid? Also all the door locks and key fob won't work. I replaced about 4 fuses and they are all fine. Could this be a security issue?

December, 7, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

Is this manual or automatic transmission?
Which 4 fuses did you replace?

Andy24529

December, 7, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

Manual transmission. The fuses were radio, int lamps and the other two I am not sure.

December, 7, 2012 AT 9:09 PM

Diagram shows the starting circuit and you would need a test light or DVOM to perform testing. At the ignition switch ensure yo have battery voltage at the Blue/Red wire when ignition is turned to crank. If battery voltage is not available, you have a faulty ignition switch.

If battery voltage is available, check the clutch switch. Ensure you have battery voltage at the Green/Yellow wire under above conditions. Use a jumper wire to by pass the switch to test if it works.

Check the relay if you don't have battery voltage at Green/Yellow wire or when you bypass and it still does not work.

The power door lock is fuse # 11.

Andy24529

December, 7, 2012 AT 9:42 PM

Very helpful. Thank you very much!

December, 7, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

You're welcome.

Let us know if you require additional assistance.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test