I BOUGHT THIS SW2 FROM A FRIEND WHO WAS JUST ...

1997 Saturn SW2

LSecundino

February, 17, 2013 AT 3:56 PM

I bought this SW2 from a friend who was just going to scrap it. She said the security system was draining the battery. (Located in the backseat below the seat belt behind a panel) She said it made noise, but there is no obvious wire damage. Is there a way to reset it or "fix" the issue. Or maybe a relay connected to it?

saturntech9

February, 17, 2013 AT 4:08 PM

I have never really seen a theft module on those cars drain the battery when they go bad the car usually won't start. What you have to realize is if a battery gets low enough electronic relays etc will click even if there good. The first thing I would do is have the alternator and battery tested? Just because someone heard something click doesn't mean its causing the battery to drain.

LSecundino

February, 17, 2013 AT 5:18 PM

She told me that the Alternator and starter is new (she had them replaced. And I bought a brand new battery. After installing the battery for the first time it drained completely and died. I guess I have to get that alternator looked at again.

saturntech9

February, 17, 2013 AT 10:29 PM

Yeah have the battery and alternaotr tested I dont care how new they are. If there good you will have to do a parastic load test to find the circuit that is causing the draw.

LSecundino

February, 23, 2013 AT 6:58 PM

Ok, I took the battery back and had it tested. It's fine, but I got a different one anyways and had it tested before I left. The alternator is also good.. Hooked up the new battery and it's still draining super fast. Time to do some searching for a ground somewhere.

saturntech9

February, 24, 2013 AT 3:21 AM

Why would a bad ground drain the battery?You need to do a parasitic draw test and pull a fuse out then put. It back in till you find the fuse where the draw is.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon