Sorry forgot to post the remote reprogramming procedure here it is.
Each transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from activating the RKE functions on another Saturn, as long as that particular transmitter has not been specifically programmed to that Saturn.
A transmitter can be programmed to as many different Saturns as a customer owns, as long as they have the power door lock option. Each Saturn can be programmed with up to four transmitters.
IMPORTANT: If a customer needs to obtain more transmitters, or replacement transmitters, make sure the customer is instructed to bring all their Saturn transmitters for programming. The remaining transmitters must be reprogrammed. Once the new transmitters are programmed to a particular Saturn, any lost transmitters will not unlock the Saturn.
To program the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE ) module with a new transmitter, use the following instructions:
1. Have all the transmitters that will be programmed to the Saturn present, even if only one is new. Put your key in the ignition, and keep it in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC ). It is fastened to bottom of the left side of the trim panel under the steering column.
Saturn Tool Kit And Splice
Saturn Tool Kit And Splice
3. Use a jumper wire to provide a path from the remote keyless entry System program circuit (cavity 8) to ground (cavity 4). Use an available Saturn lead kit and splice. To create a jumper wire as shown.
Grounding the program circuit causes the horn chirp. Count the number of horn chirps. The number of chirps wilt correspond to the mode the RKE module is in.
4. Obtain the desired mode number by referring to the Saturn Security System mode chart. Cycle the ignition key the number of times that correspond to the desired mode.
5. Keeping the program circuit grounded, simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter. The horn will chirp the number of times corresponding to the mode programmed when the process is completed (may take up to 15 seconds ). If there is no response, repeat this step, making sure both buttons are pressed down firmly. If there is still no response, check the transmitter battery and battery contacts. If you are only programming the remote keyless entry (RKE) module with one transmitter, proceed to step 7.
6. Still keeping the program circuit grounded, repeat step 5 with the next transmitter. You must not allow more than one minute between programming the transmitters, or the remote keyless entry (RKE) module will exit programming mode and you will have to start over. If you accidentally disconnect the ground wire from the data link connector (DLC) before completing this step, you will have to start over at step 3. If you accidentally disconnect the ground wire from the data link connector (DLC), after completing this step, only the first transmitter will be matched. If you make a mistake, start over at step 3.
7. Remove the jumper wire.
8. Test the operation of each transmitter with the Saturn.
9. Close the decklid or liftgate.
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 3:58 AM