STALLING

1997 SAAB 900

saab9001997

November, 22, 2010 AT 9:35 PM

If I change my plugs wires cause I have problem when its humid and I still receve some electric shock from them when I toutch them, wath the problem

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

mhpautos

November, 22, 2010 AT 9:46 PM

You must use a high quality plug leads, if you are getting a shock they must be inferior, the spark will seek the easiest path to ground, in this case the leads are not up to the job and voltage is leaking through and earthing through your body.

saab9001997

November, 22, 2010 AT 9:59 PM

And if my cylinder coil was not bolt to the body, I was holding it in my hand, it may be the reason of the electric shock or its still the wires

mhpautos

November, 23, 2010 AT 7:42 AM

The coil works on the same principle, the voltage will seek the easiest part to earth, the coil to work correctly does not have to be bolted to the body, but if you are holding it and there is any minor voltage leak, you will be getting a zap, bolt the coil down, replace the leads and plugs if the gaps are to big and don't touch.