STALLING

• saab9001997
  • 1997 SAAB 900
  • manual

If I change my plugs wires cause I have problem when its humid and I still receve some electric shock from them when I toutch them, wath the problem

Monday, November 22nd, 2010 AT 9:35 PM

• mhpautos

You must use a high quality plug leads, if you are getting a shock they must be inferior, the spark will seek the easiest path to ground, in this case the leads are not up to the job and voltage is leaking through and earthing through your body.

Monday, November 22nd, 2010 AT 9:46 PM
  • saab9001997

And if my cylinder coil was not bolt to the body, I was holding it in my hand, it may be the reason of the electric shock or its still the wires

Monday, November 22nd, 2010 AT 9:59 PM
  • mhpautos

The coil works on the same principle, the voltage will seek the easiest part to earth, the coil to work correctly does not have to be bolted to the body, but if you are holding it and there is any minor voltage leak, you will be getting a zap, bolt the coil down, replace the leads and plugs if the gaps are to big and don't touch.

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 7:42 AM