I HAVE THE 97 TRANSPORT I HAVE A NEW USE MOTOR ...

• darnel d
  • 1997 Pontiac Transport

I have the 97 transport I have a new use motor and new tranny. The engine runs just fine. The temp gage in the dash pegs out as if the vehicle running hot. The water pump sending unit and thermostat have all been changed. Plus the radiator has flused and refilled. The temp gage still pegs out when the red themomiter lights up the computer shuts the motor down. There is no boiling or over heat smell in fact the engine with outside temp gage is only reading 160 or a lil higher. I'm suspecting its an electrical problem. I even change the onboard computer. Who can help me figure this out at this point my pockets are running on fumes. If its electrical where do I begin to track down and correct the problem? Can anyone help?

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 AT 2:55 AM

• ASEMaster6371

It sounds like a connection or wiring somewhere. Did you replace with the exact motor? Any differences may cause the issue.

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 AT 10:27 AM