LOW MILEAGE CAR BUT SECURITY LIGHT DOES NOT COME...

1997 Pontiac Sunfire

Jodalok

November, 7, 2012 AT 2:49 PM

Low mileage car but security light does not come on in dash. The car starts after the 10 minute relearn but after a few drives it conks out and has to go thru relearn again. If I replace security bulb in dash will this complete circuit and hopefully fix car?

hmac300

November, 7, 2012 AT 3:21 PM

I doubt it, have the bcm checked or it may be a connection problem. Have it scanned for codes to see what's wrong.

Jodalok

November, 7, 2012 AT 9:29 PM

No codes did scan just a misfire code cylinder 3. This vehicle has pcm and fuses are all ok. No bcm as far as I can tell. I know usually when I relearn and they fail in short time again its the bcm. But this car has pcm and its controlled by this module right. Unplugging while running still doesnt make light come on I just thought bulb was part of circuit and if out maybe that was problem but if I check and bulb is good then I know I have no signal from pcm. Could cluster be bad?

hmac300

November, 7, 2012 AT 9:59 PM

Wht kind aof scanner did you use, if it's not a pro model or tech 2 you won't get anycodes. If you have a misfire then check yoru fuel pressure it should be 41-47 psi with key on engine off. Also replace the bulb if it 's missing. How are yougoing to know if it's an antitheft problem or not. Also it could be a bad cluster tht is causing this if it's an antitheft problem. If you have another key try that too.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML