MY STEREO WAS STOLEN AND SINCE I'VE REPLACED IT THE DASH DOESN'T WORK.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am

aleehertel@yahoo.com

September, 26, 2011 AT 10:28 PM

All fuses are good

needles on gauges or speedometer don't work

idiot lights all on

hmac300

September, 26, 2011 AT 11:04 PM

There may be a code and the security system may have to be reset. Alot of radios nowadays have codes installed in them so when they get stolen they won't work. Nless yours is an aftermarket unit.

aleehertel@yahoo.com

September, 27, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

The factory stereo was stolen and I replaced it with a kenwood from walmart and since then nothing works. How do I reset the code?

hmac300

September, 27, 2011 AT 4:26 PM

Ok that is what I said if it's an aftermarket unit it should work. Just seewhy you aren't getting power to the power lead for the radio. It shold be a red or orange wire.

aleehertel@yahoo.com

September, 27, 2011 AT 5:27 PM

Radio works fine the dash doesn't work--- speedo gas gauge etc

hmac300

September, 27, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

The gauges get their power form an orange wire and red wire. The orange wire is hot at all times and the red in runposition. Check to see if the ground wire near the steering columnis broken or not connected. That is the ground wire that goes through teh ignition switch and grounds the instruments as well. Other wise you 'll have to look for a broken wire or bad connection near the pcm. This car having the radio stolen it'shard telling what else was ripped loose or damaged.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement