TERMINAL ONTO THE BATTERY WHAT IS THAT PART CALLED?

1997 Peugeot 306

Phil29110

February, 26, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

I have a thing on the positive terminal of my battery that fits on the battery itself so you can screw the terminal onto the battery what is that part called please

it fits onto the positive part of the battery itself so you can coneect the rest by screwing it on

February, 27, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

SORTA VAGUE ON THE DESCRIPTION

IT SOUNDS SORTA LIKE A "QUICK DISCONNECT", SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DESCRIBING ONE LIKE I ONCE HAD. MINE HAD A GREEN K. NOB THAT YOU UNSCREWED WITH YOUR FINGERS, BASICALLY SEPARATING THE CABLE FROM THE BATTERY. THIS LET YOU "KILL" YOUR VEHICLE WITH OUT TOOLS.

FOR ME THAT WAS TOO SLOW, I WANTED SOMETHING FASTER, JUST IN CASE MY SOLENOID HUNG UP (STARTER CRANKING AND NOT STOPPING), AND I HAD TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY QUICKLY. WAS ALSO A GOOD THING TO HAVE AS A THEFT DETERRENT, OR WHILE CHANGING PARTS. HOWEVER MY RADIO MEMORY DIED WHEN DISCONNECTED

I NOW HAVE ONE SORTA MOUNTED ON MY FIREWALL (INSIDE) OF MY JEEP CJ 5, SIMILAR TO THE 1ST ONE IN THIS LINK. MY POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE RUNS TO THE SWITCH, THEN TO THE SOLENOID. MY SWITCH IS A "TEE HANDLE" PULL AND ROTATE 90 DEGREES TO KILL MY POWER. I DON'T HAVE TO RAISE THE HOOD, I CAN DO IT FROM INSIDE. MINE CAME FROM "HARBOR FREIGHT". THE 1ST ONE IN

YOUR TURN

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide