ABS CLICKING NOISE

• GM Driver
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass
  • automatic

My 1997 Olds Cutlass Suprme with 4 wheel disc brake has the ABS light glowing. It makes a clicking noise when the brake is applied when the ABS light is out. Then the light glows and the clicking noise stops. It sounds like it comes from the brake master cylinder or on the firewall. The click is rapid when I'm going highway speed, pulling off an exit ramp. Then the light comes on and it stops. What can it be? Thanks for any info.

Stephen

Boston, MA.

Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

• Ernest Clark

You first need to have your computer scanned with a scanner capable of reading abs codes. This will point you in the right direction.

If you aren't a tech, I don't recommend messing with your abs system other than to change the brake pads. This could be dangerous.

If you get the abs codes and need further assistance, write back and I'll do all I can to help you.

Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 11:10 PM
  • fixitmr

May be abs trying to maintain proper internal pressure but failing. You can get codes read. You can pull fuse to end noise but you will just have regular brakes.

Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 11:23 PM