ABS CLICKING NOISE

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass

GM Driver

November, 26, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

My 1997 Olds Cutlass Suprme with 4 wheel disc brake has the ABS light glowing. It makes a clicking noise when the brake is applied when the ABS light is out. Then the light glows and the clicking noise stops. It sounds like it comes from the brake master cylinder or on the firewall. The click is rapid when I'm going highway speed, pulling off an exit ramp. Then the light comes on and it stops. What can it be? Thanks for any info.

Stephen

Boston, MA.

Ernest Clark

November, 26, 2010 AT 11:10 PM

You first need to have your computer scanned with a scanner capable of reading abs codes. This will point you in the right direction.

If you aren't a tech, I don't recommend messing with your abs system other than to change the brake pads. This could be dangerous.

If you get the abs codes and need further assistance, write back and I'll do all I can to help you.

fixitmr

November, 26, 2010 AT 11:23 PM

May be abs trying to maintain proper internal pressure but failing. You can get codes read. You can pull fuse to end noise but you will just have regular brakes.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz