HOW DO I REMOVE BACK SEAT ?

1997 Nissan Sunny

Anonymous

February, 25, 2013 AT 2:16 AM

How do I remove back seat?

Removing Back Seat

1 ANSWER

DrCranknWrench

April, 26, 2013 AT 10:03 PM

First remove the bottom by ; looking for bolts in the area where the top meets the bottom. Some manufacturers don't even put bolts in so you can try just pulling on the seat and see if it comes out. One of the tricks before doing this is to look at the front of the bottom seat and see if there are retaining bolts, springs that go into slots or body plugs that hold a bracket. Remove any bolts and then pull up on the back of the lower seat. If there is a spring holding the front of the seat you will have to work with it to get it out.
The back seat will have bolts at the bottom and bolts under the trim panels on the side. Also look behinds the seat for more bolts. Once you have removed all the bolts and brackets the seat will come out. If it is a flip down 2 seater. You will have to work with the connection at the swivel between the seats.

Tell me how it goes.

Dr. Crankench

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon