Drain t he clooling system, and replace the hose. Fill with coolant then follow these steps.
1. Loosen engine and radiator air relief plugs. Remove heater pipe air relief cap. See Fig. 4 . Connect one end of 40" clear, heat resistant hose to heater pipe relief. Fill coolant reservoir to MAX mark and place hose
from heater pipe air relief into coolant reservoir. Ensure hose is below coolant level at all times.
2. Slowly add coolant through radiator filler neck, allowing several minutes for air to escape. When coolant starts to drip from radiator air relief plug, close plug. Tighten plug to 15 19 ft. Lbs. (20 26 N.M).
3. Continue adding coolant while gently moving upper radiator hose up and down until coolant level no longer drops in filler neck. Place wire under radiator filler cap negative pressure relief valve. See Fig. 6 . DO
NOT install cap at this time.
4. Start engine and run at 2000 RPM for 10 15 minutes or until lower radiator hose becomes hot. If coolant comes out of engine air relief plug, close plug. Tighten plug to 15 19 ft. Lbs. (20 26 N.M). If coolant in
radiator neck lowers, add coolant. If coolant overflows filler neck, install radiator cap (with wire installed).
5. Close engine air relief plug if not already done. Stop engine and allow to cool down completely. Refill radiator and reservoir as necessary. Ensure radiator cap (with wire) is installed. Start engine and warm to
operating temperature. If engine temperature raises above normal, stop engine and repeat this step.
NOTE: Ensure coolant level in reservoir tank is maintained at MAX mark for the following steps.
6. On vehicles without rear heater, ensure temperature control lever is in full HOT position. Select any fan speed and mode except OFF. Run engine at 3000 RPM for 5 minutes or until outlet air is hot. Repeat this
step at least 3 times. Ensure no water noise is present in heater core.
7. On vehicles with rear heater, run engine at 3000 RPM with front temperature control lever in full COLD position. Move rear temperature control lever to full HOT position. Select any fan speed except OFF. Run
engine 5 minutes or until rear outlet air is hot.
8. Move rear temperature control lever to full COLD position. Move front temperature control lever to full HOT position. Select any fan speed and mode except OFF. Run engine 5 minutes or until front outlet air is
hot. Repeat steps 7) and 8) at least 3 times. Ensure no water noise is present in front or rear heater core.
9. On models equipped with automatic A/C, operate engine at 3000 RPM with front climate control set at 60 F and rear A/C control unit temperature switch to full WARM position with fan on for 5 minutes or until
rear outlet air is hot. Turn rear control unit to full COOL position and set front climate control to 90 F until front outlet air is hot. Repeat process at least 3 times until no water noise is heard at heater core.
10. On all models, stop engine. Fill coolant reservoir to MAX mark. Let engine cool down. Remove radiator cap and remove wire from negative pressure valve. Fill radiator as necessary and reinstall radiator cap.
Remove hose from heater pipe relief and quickly install cap on pipe. Fill reservoir as necessary and install reservoir cap.