SUSPENSION

1997 Nissan Altima

cherelle89

May, 31, 2013 AT 6:22 PM

My car squeaks everytime I go over a bump and I can feel it swaying. I even went and got it inspected and was told it wasnt my suspension it was in fact my tires. Is it something wrong with my suspension or is it because I need new tires?

mikederouin88

May, 31, 2013 AT 6:36 PM

What kind of squeek is it and where is it coming from? Does it sway worse when driving fast? Did they only inspect under the car or did the look under hood and in teunk?

caradiodoc

May, 31, 2013 AT 8:36 PM

Probably neither. I'd head to a different shop for a second opinion.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy