WHERE IS THE REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH ON MY TRANSMISSION?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

scoville

May, 20, 2012 AT 9:45 PM

My reverse lights are not coming on and ive checked the fuses and bulbs. Ive seen many articles online from people with the same problem and they say there is a switch but im not finding it.

ImpalaSS

May, 20, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

The information doesn't show a pic but for the 2.0L non turbo it is located ont he left side of the engine compartment on the transaxle. On the 2.0L and 2.4L turbo it is located on the right side of the engine compartment on the transaxle. Which model Eclipse do you have, basic model, or he GS, GS-T? And what size engine liter is it? I will keep looking to see if there is a pic

May, 20, 2012 AT 9:52 PM

See below

scoville

May, 20, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

Sorry for leavin that info out. It is a stock 4cyl 2.0liter

scoville

May, 20, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

Non turbo

scoville

May, 20, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

Looks great for a 97. Trying to keep her that way

ImpalaSS

May, 20, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

Great looking car - nice to see you are taking care of it.

scoville

May, 20, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

Thank you =]. I dont have too much money to spend on her but shes never been wrecked and I wash and wax once a week. 15 years and only problems are the lights and a leaky tube from the clutch master cylinder. Thanks so much for all your help!

Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit