MITSUBIS GS

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

RMDO361

February, 23, 2011 AT 3:52 PM

I bought an eclipse that has been sitting for a year. The guy I bought it from put a new engine in it and says it was running before he parked it. He said it wont start cause its been burning up the battery. What could be causing this or could it be something else. Thanks for the help.

February, 23, 2011 AT 3:59 PM

If the battery is benig drained, it should be a fault with parasitic drain, likely to be a component that is not turning off when required.

February, 23, 2011 AT 3:59 PM

Have the battery tested.

RMDO361

February, 24, 2011 AT 6:11 AM

Bought a new battery car turns over good seems like it wants to start added supreme gas still doesnt wanna start. I think it might be the fuel pump. Checked the plugs wires and have good spark thats the only thing I can think of. Any suggeations?

February, 24, 2011 AT 12:55 PM

Open the fuel filler cap and put your ear to it. Have an assistant turn on the ignition switch and if there is no purring noise, the fuel pump is not working.

It is possible the fuel pump has seized due to the long period of oinactivity.

Check the power supply to the fuel pump relay and from relay to pump. Have the fuel pressure tested if possible.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right