WHAT ENGINES WILL WORK FOR ENGINE SWAP IN A 97 ECLIPSE GS?

• Hondaaccord
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Can I use a motor out of a GST or Spyder GST?
What years will work?
2.0 dohc

Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 4:19 AM

• ASEMaster6371

The basic blocks would be ok but all the accessories must be changes to what is in your now.

Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 10:44 AM
  • crazy4u247

The answer that you were provided with is incorrect. There are 2 different engine options for the gs model eclipse which are the 2.0L 420a engine found in the dodge neon and the 2.2L which is also commonly used in other mopar cars. These engines are the U.S. Version therefore will NOT work unless the car itself is extensively modified. The gst and gsx use the 4g63 engine which is totally different. It is the japanese engine. Even the location of the tranny, exhaust etc. Is mounted the complete opposite of the current engine that you have. What is on the left would be on the right blah, blah, blah. Trust me I know what i'm talking, I own 3 of them.

Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 3:15 PM
  • david wooten

Can u swap 97 eclipse gs spyder engine with the gst engine if not what is the best swap

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM