MY CAR OVERHEATED IT GOT SO HOT IT MELTED THE ...

  • Tiny
  • Fitter123
  • 1997 MG MGF
  • 72,000 MILES

Hi my car overheated it got so hot it melted the plastic back plate and blew a water hose I stripped the head of and sent it away to be reconditioned and scimmed I put it back on with the upgraded gasket but now it wont start it sounds just like there are no spark plugs in it I can smell petrol also there is a spark to all plugs I am shure there is a compresion issue could it be the hydrolic tappets have not filled thanks

Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Saturday, December 8th, 2012 AT 8:03 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • ASEMaster6371
  • EXPERT
  • 25,554 POSTS

Most likely has blown a head gasket from the overheating

Roy

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Saturday, December 8th, 2012 AT 8:12 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Other Backing Plate Questions