PROBLEM INSTALLING NEW STEREO.

1997 Mercury Sable

emaurer75

January, 4, 2012 AT 12:21 AM

I purchased a new cd player with speakers and a amp, and I purchased the wiring harness for the car. I have followed all instructions now the radio has no power and the alarm light on the dashboard will not stop blinking, so I cant even start the car up. Could I dissconnect the alarm or a fuse or is the wiring wrong? Would the alarm wiring run in the same area as the stereo wiring?

caradiodoc

January, 4, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

First put the original radio back in and see what happens. I don't recall ever hearing someone say the radio was involved with the anti-theft system.

caradiodoc

January, 4, 2012 AT 12:44 AM

Check the fuses too. There will be two of them and one might be on the same circuit as the alarm. One is typically labeled for the radio, but the memory circuit for the radio is generally tied in with some other system that is always live. Interior lights, horn, and cigarette lighter are common circuits.

emaurer75

January, 4, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

The old car stereo didn't work that is why I replaced it

caradiodoc

January, 4, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

But the alarm wasn't causing an issue with that radio in place.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon