NOISE AND VIBRATION WHILE ACCELERATING

1997 Mercury Mountaineer

InaPage

August, 24, 2013 AT 7:55 AM

There is a loud clicking sound coming from the under carriage, basically the whole time the car is in motion and there is a loud hard vibration especially during exceleraton. It also kind of creeks when u go to back up or go over dips or speed bumps.

InaPage

August, 24, 2013 AT 8:01 AM

Thank u.

August, 24, 2013 AT 9:40 PM

LINKING MAKE THIS A LOT FASTER FOR ME.......SEE THIS ONE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/ford-f-150-2005-ford-f-150-shakes-when-i-accelerate

RETURN BACK TO THIS POST AND LET US KNOW IF THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM

IF YOU HAVE NEVER MESSED WITH THEM....THEY VERY WELL MIGHT BE WORN OUT

WHEN THE ONES ON MY '77 CJ 5 START WEARING OUT, THEY MAKE A FAINT SQUEAK GOING FORWARD.....IT'S A LITTLE MORE PRONOUNCED IN REVERSE

RETURN HERE WITH NEWS

InaPage

August, 24, 2013 AT 9:58 PM

That sounds something like the problem, but I'm pretty sure the shaking and vibrating is way worse. I'be had a couple of people suggest that it's the wheel bearings, but I wanted to ask someone elses opinion. I have decided to park my SUV for now, until I van have it checked out, thanks for your help.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 27, 2013 AT 7:14 PM

Have you checked the universal joints? That sounds like the problem. As far as wheel bearings, you won't feel them as much as you would hear them.

Let us know.

InaPage

August, 27, 2013 AT 7:24 PM

Yes I have asked a couple other peole who suggested it was the universal joints, so I'm now thinking that may be the problem. Thanks for your help. Does anyone know about how much that cost?

Jacobandnickolas

August, 27, 2013 AT 7:28 PM

The U-Joints are not expensive. They are under 20 dollars each. They can be a little tricky to replace, but if you have any mechanical ability, you should be able to do it at home.

InaPage

August, 27, 2013 AT 7:34 PM

Oh man that's good news. Thanks for your help : )

Jacobandnickolas

August, 28, 2013 AT 5:11 PM

Let me know if that fixes the problem you are having.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement