MY HEAT DOESNT COME ON

• Dastardly Skillz
  • 1997 Mercedes Benz 280

My heat doesn't come on. It doesn't blow anything. Is it controlled by a fuse or relay?What do I need to fix?

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It has a fuse and a relay. Start by checking the fuse. If it is good, check to see if there is power to the motor.

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 6:01 PM
  • Dastardly Skillz

Thanx Jacobandnickolas, I've checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. THey all light up green. Not sure where the relays are located or which one controls the blower. Has two sets of fuse boxes. One under hood, one in trunk that all read green. Do you possibly have a diagram that shows me which relay to replace, and where the relays are located?

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 6:10 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I'm sorry, I don't have the schematic you need. Check to see if there is power to the motor. It may be bad.

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 7:26 PM
  • Dastardly Skillz

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. But I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know what I'm checking for when you say."See if it has power to the motor". Are we talking blower motor?Is there a module?I am very much a layman when it comes to auto-mechanics. Your answers sir, are GREATLY appreciated. Donations coming Friday. Payday

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 7:32 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I would start by checking to see if there is power to the blower motor.

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 7:46 PM