MY HEAT DOESNT COME ON

1997 Mercedes Benz 280

Dastardly Skillz

November, 13, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

My heat doesn't come on. It doesn't blow anything. Is it controlled by a fuse or relay?What do I need to fix?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

It has a fuse and a relay. Start by checking the fuse. If it is good, check to see if there is power to the motor.

Dastardly Skillz

November, 13, 2012 AT 6:10 PM

Thanx Jacobandnickolas, I've checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. THey all light up green. Not sure where the relays are located or which one controls the blower. Has two sets of fuse boxes. One under hood, one in trunk that all read green. Do you possibly have a diagram that shows me which relay to replace, and where the relays are located?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:26 PM

I'm sorry, I don't have the schematic you need. Check to see if there is power to the motor. It may be bad.

Dastardly Skillz

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:32 PM

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. But I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know what I'm checking for when you say."See if it has power to the motor". Are we talking blower motor?Is there a module?I am very much a layman when it comes to auto-mechanics. Your answers sir, are GREATLY appreciated. Donations coming Friday. Payday

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

I would start by checking to see if there is power to the blower motor.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement