VEHICLE HAS BEEN STORAGE FOR A YEAR WITH GAS ...

1997 Mercedes Benz 230te

joseph77555

December, 29, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

Vehicle has been storage for a year with gas inside of tank? I have replace all gas and timing parts. But still the vehicle will not stay running? I replace all Mercedes parts need? All the vehicle engine dose is turn over, but do not started? Can you please help me with my issues? Joseph.

DrCranknWrench

December, 30, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

It could be that the fuel in the fuel system turned to a varnish like substance, happens within a few months of sitting, and has clogged the injectors. If you can get it to run at all use some BG44K poured right into the vacuum tube that runs to the vacuum power brake booster. It will make a lot of smoke for 5 minutes but will help to clena out injectors. If there is a fuel filter, I don't think there is, on your model that you can service, replace it before doing this.
BG44k can be found at car dealership parts counters and it costs $20 a bottle but it is well worth it.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test