1997 LINCON MARK 8

• jabberbaggybritches
  • 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
  • automatic

I cannot get my gear shifter out of park and my brake lights don't work either, can this be an easy fix, I mighta had something to do with it when I was looking for the factory code in the trunk, under the dash, under the hood, is this something simple?

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

• caradiodoc

Check for a blown brake light fuse.

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 6:59 PM
  • carlcda

You may have to disconnect the cruse control switch on the proporting valve that fails due to brake fluid that shorts out and will continue to blow the fuse. Its in a tight spot under the car driver side. If you have to move the car turn key forward but don't start put in neutral then start just remember you will not have stop lights! Hope it helps

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 11:54 PM
  • jabberbaggybritches

Alrighty, I checked the number 32 and 31 fuse ( taillights and brake lights) and both were blown, replaced and still cant get outta park, any ideas?

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 2:14 PM
  • caradiodoc

Did you check to see if one of them popped again? If so, you have a short in one of the circuits that must be located and repaired.

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 5:43 AM