BRAKES

• kenney hall
  • 1997 Lincoln Mark V
  • automatic

My 1997 lincoln mark v pulls to right when brakes are applied and pulls left when pedal is released. The master cylinder and lines have been replaced and also the abs box. What else could cause this problem

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 9:16 PM

• caradiodoc

Stuck left caliper, not applying fully when braking under light pressure and not releasing.

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 10:15 PM
  • kenney hall

Both calipers have been replaced also pads & rotors

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 12:38 PM
  • caradiodoc

Suspension problems can cause that too if a control arm is shifting position or a ball joint is sloppy.

I don't have a listing for a Mark V in '97. If this is a front-wheel-drive car, a tire pull will also cause your symptom, in fact, the way to identify it is that it pulls one way while accelerating and the other way while braking. To prove it, switch the two front tires side-to-side. If the car goes straight or pulls the other way, it's one of the tires. Generally the problem can resolved by switching them front-to-rear and leaving them there.

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 3:20 PM