HAD ALL ALT CHECKED CAME UP GOOD OLD ONE AND NEW ONE STILL NO CHARGE BACK TO BATT

1997 Lincoln Continental

pidouble

March, 19, 2012 AT 3:12 AM

Replaced all I know to what else could it be

My Alternator Quit Charging

Charging System Trouble

saturntech9

March, 19, 2012 AT 3:24 AM

Stick with the same question you asked to begin with if you keep starting new questions you make it a lot harder to help you with your problem. When you start a new question I dont get a email alert letting me know when you posted a reply to me. So do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Your going to need one sounds like your missing a power feed or two to the alternator.

pidouble

March, 21, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

IT IS THE SAME QUESTION AND ALL TEST COME UP GOOD SOMETHING IS STOPING IT FROM GOING BACK TO THE BATT

saturntech9

March, 21, 2012 AT 1:58 AM

My first reply to this question must not have gone thru sorry about that. What is your charging voltage at the battery at idle?Also what is the charging voltage with the high beams on blower fan on high and ac on?

pidouble

March, 22, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

Voltage drops ver low with blower and high beams on dash starts to blink then car shuts off batt dies

saturntech9

March, 22, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

How about at idle whats the voltage without anything on?

pidouble

March, 24, 2012 AT 6:36 PM

Around 12.0 or 11.5 volts

saturntech9

March, 24, 2012 AT 7:12 PM

Key in the run position see if the black wire with a orange stripe and the yellow wire with a white stripe both have battery voltage at the alternator. Let me know what you find.

saturntech9

March, 24, 2012 AT 7:12 PM

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet