I HAVE NO TURN SIGNALS NOR FLASHERS

• stevenolan
  • 1997 Jeep Wrangler
  • 68 miles

I have no turn signals nor flashers. I have all running lights working. Sides front rear etc. I have replaced all bulbs. The brake lights work. They did not prior to everything not working, but after replacing the bulbs (original and the contacts had wear but the filament appeared fine) they work now. All of the fuses are working I have checked by use of a test light. I have replaced the flasher relay. To the left near the steering column, as well as the multi function switch. Still I have no flashers nor turn signals. The indicators in the dash do not light up. The lights do not work. I have also removed any grounds for the side markers and front lights and cleaned them. And used dielectric grease on all connections.

I saw someone post a diagram and test procedure for the plugs on back of the multi function switch. It was a FSM diagram. Maybe that would help. Or any other ideas? One turn the signals worked the next they did not. No burning smells etc.

Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 AT 11:39 PM

• saturntech9

So do you have power to both sides of turn signal and hazard fuses?

+1
Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 1:12 AM
  • stevenolan1

Short answer is yes. There is not a flasher fuse behind the glovebox. There may be one In the power distribution block In the engine compartment. Though it is just numbered if there is one. So the turn signal switch fuse has power to both sides of the fuse. Every fuse in the jeep has power to both sides. Including the switched and non switched fuses.

And both the flasher relay/ flasher and the multifunction/switch replaced

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 1:23 AM
  • saturntech9

Go to the turn signal switch with the key in the run position with the turn signal switch in the left position you should have power at the dark green wire with a red stripe?Then with the switch in the right position you should have power on the brown wire with a red stripe?

+1
Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 2:11 AM
  • stevenolan1

Both positions no power and to confirm those wires went into the back of the MFS.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 2:37 AM
  • saturntech9

That's correct now see if you have power to the black wire with a gray stripe and the black wire with a white stripe?

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 3:18 AM
  • stevenolan1

Ignition off
Black and white yes. Black and grey no.

Ignition on
Both have power.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 3:44 AM
  • saturntech9

That's the way it should be now same thing key in the run position turn on the hazard switch see if there is power to the red wire with a white stripe at the multi function switch with everything plugged in?Your hazard lights are inop also?

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 4:01 PM
  • stevenolan1

Yes that wire has power with the hazard switched on or off. And yes gazards not working as well.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 6:09 PM
  • saturntech9

Alright key still in the run position see if the pink wire has power to it at the multifunction switch? Then with the turn signal switch in the right position the tan wire at the multifunction switch should have a flashing power?Then with the switch in the left position the dark green with a red stripe should have flashing power?Check these wires with a test light.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 10:33 PM
  • stevenolan1

No none of the above have power.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 11:40 PM