I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM

1997 Jaguar XJ6

2CarPros-Archives

November, 9, 2010 AT 7:56 PM

1997 Jaguar XJ6 mileage: 122,000. I'm having a problem with the fuel system on my jag. Recently when I drive it some place, when I go to leave it won't start, I have spark but it just turns over and won't fire. I swapped the run and start relays and it started once and then when I shut it off the same problem occurred when I tried to restart it. But if I unplug the electrical connections on the fuel pump in the trunk then plug them back in the car will start and run fine until I turn it off. I'm getting kind of tired of taking my trunk apart to get to my fuel pump every time I go someplace. If you can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Joshua

2CarPros-Archives

November, 9, 2010 AT 7:58 PM

You may have a faulty fuel pump. When the car will not start, check for 12 volts at the fuel pump. If 12 volts are present, your fuel pump is the culprit.

Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche