Q1 WHAT IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A POWER WINDOW ...

1997 Honda Civic

Anonymous

October, 28, 2012 AT 8:26 AM

Q1) What is a difference between a power window regulator & motor.
My window slides up like a turtle speed.

Q2) My front windsheild glass seems hazy at night. Does it mean its life is over?

caradiodoc

October, 28, 2012 AT 9:00 AM

The regulator is the assembly that allows you to raise and lower the glass. The motor is part of that assembly. When the glass is sluggish, the motor, switch, and wiring are okay. The rubber channels the glass slides in can become sticky. Spray them liberally with Silicone Spray Lube. It goes on like water, evaporates, and leaves a film of "slippery" behind. Works real well for sliding tight radiator and heater hoses onto metal pipes too. You can find it at auto parts stores and hardware stores. Chrysler dealers have it in the parts departments too and I'm sure you would find it at other dealers.

As for the hazy windshield, does it have moisture you can wipe off? If so, the air conditioning is supposed to run in the defrost mode to condense the humidity from the air and dry it before it blows it onto the windshield.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement