FUEL PUMP

1997 Honda Ballade

Adrianj

August, 15, 2011 AT 9:08 AM

I have a Honda Ballade 150 luxine automatic and I have changed the fuel pump but it does not seem to pump. Should the fuel pump arm be connected to something in its housing as there doesn't seem to be anything making the arm go up and down in the housing. Thanks

mhpautos

August, 15, 2011 AT 9:13 AM

The mechanical pump is driven by a cam lobe, you may have to take the pump out and look inside with a mirror to help locate the cam, you may have hooked the lever under the cam by mistake.

Wrenchtech

August, 15, 2011 AT 9:59 AM

Mechanical pump on a '97 vehicle? That model is not sold here but there is nothing that new using a mechanical pump.

mhpautos

August, 15, 2011 AT 10:40 AM

As he mentions a fuel pump arm, I only surmise it is a mechanical pump.

Wrenchtech

August, 15, 2011 AT 11:16 AM

Probably referring to fuel gauge float.

mhpautos

August, 15, 2011 AT 11:20 AM

May well be. Well if he responds we may get some further info. We don't have that model here in Aust, so I am not real sure what he is looking at.

August, 15, 2011 AT 1:21 PM

If the engine is carburetted, it would use a fuel pump. There are still many such vehicles being sold around the world. Ballade is not a US model.

Wrenchtech

August, 15, 2011 AT 1:34 PM

This car is a Civic sold in Euro markets and it is fuel injected

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe