WATER WON'T DRAIN FROM EVAPORATOR.

• rubberb
  • 1997 Honda Accord

97 honda accord dx 4 cyl. Can't get water to drain from evaporator. Is water gravity drain or is there a pump to get rid of it? I see there's a maze of hoses outside of the firewall. I tryed to blow air from the bottom but I don't think it did any good. If you have a diagram of the drain system please email me a copy. Thank you!

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Under the hood, passenger side at the bottom is a rubber hose 90 degrees that clogs up. Be carefull, when you open it up, lots of water will come at you.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 8:36 PM
  • rubberb

Roy Is a hose the best you can do? I see 4 or 5 hoses down there. Can I get it from the top or the bottom? Your the expert here. I don't want you to come and do it but i'd like alittle direction in this matter. I read maps and diagrams well. If you have a diagram please email it to me.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 9:05 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Sorry no diagram. The hose is a 90 degree elbow down low on the passenger side under the hood. You can acess it from the bottom of the car.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:16 AM
  • KHLow2008

It is a hose coming out from lower part of firewall on passenger side that is connected to nothing. If you look at it from engine compartment, it should be very near to the wheelhouse main frame at lower part.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:36 PM