CV AXLE IS STUCK AND WILL NOT COME OUT

1997 Holden Rodeo

kwild17

October, 6, 2011 AT 1:01 AM

I have a nov 97 4wd holden rodeo and need to replace the left hand cv axel it wont come out and I think there is a clip of sorts.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 6, 2011 AT 1:25 AM

At what point are you in the removal process?

kwild17

October, 6, 2011 AT 10:07 AM

I have removed the shaft and are trying to get it back in. Do we have to drop the diff to get the new shaft in.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 6, 2011 AT 10:53 AM

It should push in and click into place. Make sure everything is aligned properly.

kwild17

October, 6, 2011 AT 11:29 AM

I have but the plate which bolts onto diff we had to detach it because the bearings were stuffed so we have replaced the bearings and put it back together but because we rotated the plate to get it off we cannot get it back on re assembled

mhpautos

October, 6, 2011 AT 11:39 AM

Joe, these are not like a conventional push in drive shaft, I will see if I have a manual and check the installation procedure, the L/H axle on these are a super pain in the **** to do.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 6, 2011 AT 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info.

kwild17

October, 8, 2011 AT 3:29 AM

We dropped the diff and everything is going alright now putting back together (if you have a bull bar on you need to remove it) the rest is easy

Jacobandnickolas

October, 8, 2011 AT 4:08 AM

Bull bar?

CV Axle Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement