ACCELERATION HESITATION

1997 GMC Yukon

sgracie

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:10 PM

I just put a fuel pump, fuel filter and 3 rebuilt fuel injectors into a 1997 Yukon. Prior to all these being replaced, the truck had alot of hesitation when first taking off from a cold start. I thought these new parts would fix the problem but it is stilling doing it. Any suggestions on what to check next? The problem has been looked at in the past but no one seems to know what is causing the lagging.

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:12 PM

Did you have the coolant sensor checked?

sgracie

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:20 PM

I'm not sure if that has been checked in the past - I saw on a site they mentioned oxygen sensor and throttle sensor - just don't know where to start first.

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:22 PM

Neither has to do with what you explained.

Are there any codes in the systems

sgracie

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:39 PM

Are you talking about check engine codes? The check engine light has been on for a few years now and as far as I know, the technicians that have looked at it don't know why it won't go off, although there seems to be no problem with the truck. The anti-lock brake light sticks on all the time even though there's no problems with the brakes.

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

If the light is on, there is a problem. Have the codes pulled and give us the numbers.

sgracie

October, 7, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

I'll take care of that tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for your help so far.

sgracie

October, 9, 2012 AT 6:53 PM

I had the code read - it is P1406. They said it's an EGR Valve and I investigated what that is and I'm seeing that it is an exhaust gas recirculation - is that correct?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma