1997 GMC Yukon



July, 11, 2012 AT 6:28 AM

I have the 5.7 liter V8 and my truck has been re-built as a mud bogger. Im trying to find out what parts I would need in order to convert my automatic to stick?

I understand the costs and labor involved I just need to know if I need to replace my ECM or other electronics. Also wondering if this model came with an optional manual transmission from the factory.

1 Answer



July, 12, 2012 AT 4:33 PM

Ok so you need to know what to do what? Yes you can put in a manual trans even if you pull it out of a truck you will just need to get the pedel assembly too and the computer or have the A/T turned off in the current computer, and cut the hole in the floor for the shifter.

Please login or register to post a reply.

Code Read Retrieval/Clear Chevrolet Camaro
Code Read Retrieval/Clear
Code Read Retrieval/Clear - Dodge Stratus
Read Codes Like a Pro