97 FUEL PROBLEM?

1997 Ford Probe

kimbler

April, 6, 2011 AT 7:15 PM

Hello, I Have 97 Ford Probe. When I'm Driving Can Be In Any Gear I Will Go From Anywhere Of 2-4000 Rpm And Drops To I Guess 1000 And Back Up To Where It Was In A Sec Or Less. This Can Happen Every Sec To Every 3 Secs. Now When I'm Driving And I Shift Early I Don't Seem To Get It To Drop As Much. I Have Changed Spark Plugs / Wire/ Dis. Cap And Checked Fuel Filter. Any Ideas At What I'm Looking At Here? Also Friend Was With Me When This Was Happening And Told Me He Would Be Worried About Snapping The Engine Mounts Cause It Hits So Hard.

April, 6, 2011 AT 7:32 PM

Check the fuel presure and test MAF and TPS sensors

fixitmr

April, 6, 2011 AT 7:35 PM

What is meant by hits so hard?

kimbler

April, 6, 2011 AT 7:38 PM

When the rpms are at 3-5000 then drops to 0-1000 and back up immediately the car****** bad

kimbler

April, 6, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Sorry should of put your name in to the responce Fixtmr. As I described above when i'm driving and rpms go any where from 2000-5000 rpms it will drop and go back up to the rpms it was at with in a sec or less and that will happen alot. This is not happening all the time but more often then not. It's almost like when someone is learning how to drive stick for the first time and the car hits hard back and forth. I hope that gives you lil more info or idea on what i'm talking about

fixitmr

April, 6, 2011 AT 10:54 PM

It sorta sounds like a transmission problem?

kimbler

April, 15, 2011 AT 8:12 PM

Well I took it to the shop and they said it was the distributor's ing control module. I dont know if this is going to fix the problem I have but I have no choice

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500