HELLOIVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A FORD DESTIVA MANUAL ...

1997 Ford Festiva

Anonymous

October, 27, 2012 AT 10:59 PM

I've recently bought a ford destiva manual from a dealer, car runs good for the most part (recently made a 600 KM drive in a day without any issues). But there is a problem it idles high in the Neutral gear some times at traffic signals and doesn't 'calm' down. This happens obviously when I'm not using the accelerator and waiting at a signal. So, when I try to engage the 1st gear -I've to push it hard and the transmission makes a noise (probably because of the high idling of the car in neutral).
I want to address this issue before it becomes a bigger problem with the transmission or some thing. Could you pls let me know what could be the issue here? Also pls let me know what it could cost me to fix this issue.

Also, I've noticed that there is a oil leak on the passenger side of the bonnet. Not sure if these two are related issues.

Thank you.
Srini

October, 28, 2012 AT 11:26 AM

The idling speed should be 700 - 800 at operating temperature. If it is hghher than that, try adjusting the idling speed. Turn the idle adjust screw lockwise to lower the idling speed.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage