PLEASE HELP SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY

1997 Ford F-250

Oldcarman

June, 28, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

I was getting ready to start my old ford pickup and the key just made the ignition turn to a certain point, doing nothing. No click no lights coming on nothing

saturntech9

June, 28, 2012 AT 2:45 PM

So does the ignition turn normally to all positions?You just have no dash lights and starter is inop?

Oldcarman

June, 28, 2012 AT 2:53 PM

Yes I believe so. Also I think my son tampered with it because whe the keys not in the ignition the steering wheel doesnt lock up I looked in there he broke it.

saturntech9

June, 28, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

So does the igniton cylinder turn normally to all positions acc run and start and turn off normally?

Oldcarman

June, 28, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

Well i'm not quite sure know when I turn it from its orignal postion when you turn it off it stops at when the lights turn (they dont though) then when I turn too start it up it keeps goin then stops in a 180 degree turn

Oldcarman

June, 28, 2012 AT 3:19 PM

Maybe I should rephrase my question. Steering wheel lock broke and the key wont turn anything on at all

Oldcarman

June, 28, 2012 AT 3:49 PM

No dashboard lights and isnt starting you think its the tumbler?

saturntech9

June, 30, 2012 AT 5:37 AM

Your going to get in there and see what is broken.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata