I HAVE A ROUGH IDLE ITS A 4

1997 Ford F-150

rhoadeta

November, 5, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

I have a rough idle its a 4.6 V8 4x4 auto changed plugs, wires, bench tested fuel injectors got a 0174 code a while ago but I have disconnected the battery so its not come back, I am not driving it. Also changed cam sensor and crankshaft sensor put maf and ecm in friends truck they work, I did a Vaccume test it reads between 5 and 10 inch hg with the beedle going back and forth between the two. At 2000 rpms its goes to 15 in hg and shakes back and forth not as bad at idle. I checked all vac lines and clean the maf iac and throttle body, Help lol Also the egr is deleted and the pcv is blocked of the truck was running fine like that for a year. I don't have a lot of cash left but if you help me when I do I will donate you have my word. Also did a fuel pressure test and changed inline fuel filter

November, 6, 2012 AT 3:12 AM

Your vacuum gauge gave you the answer. You have a valve train issue. Do a compression test and you find the failed cylinder.

Shame you replaced all those parts. You should always start with basics.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz