1997 Ford Explorer Remote keyless entry stopped working

VIDEOGUY
  • 1997 FORD EXPLORER
Hi
I replaced battery in my 1997 Ford explorer. I found remote keyless entry stopped working. I press Lock/Unlock/Panic on my remote, the car doesn't respond. I am able to lock/unlock using the button inside the car, but not from the remote. I put new batteries in my remote. That didn't make any difference. I have two remotes. I tried another remote. That didn't work either.

I asked auto repair shop. The guy said the diag costs $90. If it is blown fuse, he will do it for $10.
I don't want to sign up for $90 job.

Is there anything I can try?
Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 AT 4:06 PM

LYNNENROB
Im having the same problem, if I get and answer I will let you know, have you had any success yet?
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 11:41 PM
TAZDEV_001
I had the same problem with my 95 it ended up being the control module
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 11:46 PM
LYNNENROB
Whats the control module, where is it?
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:00 AM
SATURNTECH9
Before we start replacing things try reprograming the remotes like I posted. Let me know what you find.
+1
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:02 AM
LYNNENROB
Ok I tried what your instructions said, and it isnt working, my doors dont lock then unlock
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:12 AM
SATURNTECH9
Iam sorry iam responding to user videoguy who asked the question to begin with.I dont think its fair to help you on someone elses question and way to confusing as to who iam talking to etc. Just because you have the same problem doesnt mean it will lead everyone that has that problem to same diagnostic path and solution. You can start your own question if you havent already or sit back and see how this one turns out. But your best bet is to start your own question if you haven't already. Again iam sorry but to be fair and respectful to videoguy and so it wont get confussing as to who iam talking to I do one on one. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
+1
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:30 AM
LYNNENROB
Ok, I have started my own question and paid a donation, so I guess ill wait and see if I get an answer
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:33 AM
LYNNENROB
Oh and I just noticed that Videoguys question was asked in 2008.
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:35 AM
SATURNTECH9
I didnt see the year it poped up as a new donor question so thats why I just answered it.I see that your question is already being answered so your in good hands.
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 12:52 AM