CAUTION: Incorrect removal or installation of the timing belt can result in damage to internal engine components.
NOTE: Install the timing belt over the sprockets in a counterclockwise direction starting at the crankshaft. Keep the belt span from the crankshaft to the camshaft (6250) tight while installing the timing belt over the camshaft.
1. Install the timing belt and remove the 1/8 inch drill bit to release the timing belt tensioner.
2. Tighten the timing belt tensioner bolt to 20-30 Nm (15-22 ft. Lbs.).
3. Roll the engine over two times and recheck the timing marks.
4. Loosen then retighten the timing belt tensioner bolt to 20-30 Nm (15-22 ft. Lbs.).
5. Install the outer engine front cover and tighten bolts to 8-11.5 Nm (71-101 inch lbs.).
6. Install the crankshaft pulley and tighten to 110-130 Nm (81-96 ft. Lbs.).
7. Install all removed components.
Friday, February 4th, 2011 AT 10:51 AM