COULD I HAVE A BAD BCM MODULE

1997 Dodge Intrepid

kbaker802

November, 9, 2011 AT 2:51 AM

I have a 1997 dodge intrepie. My air bag light comes on and my windows and heater wont work, sometimes the air bag light doesnt come on the windows and heater work? I have been trying to figure this out and wonder if it is the bcm module. If you think if is so Im not sure how to find it as I dont know what the kick panel is. I suspect it is back there with the fuse box, maybe.
By the way, I am a female trying to stay out of the repair shop, never seem to have good luck coming out of them. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Electrical

billymac

November, 9, 2011 AT 2:58 AM

Hi K. Yes this is a possibility the bcm is failing. The kick panel if you were sitting in the passengers seat where your right ankle would be is called a kick panel. Sometimes these modules get moisture and corrode and malfuntion. So it is a good thought maybe not be the problem, but certainly worth taking a look at. Good luck feel free to write back Billymac

kbaker802

November, 9, 2011 AT 3:06 AM

Thank you for a response. A year ago a got caught in a flood and the water was up to my seats. So I bet it is the bcm then. Will have to find someone who can help me try and find it to replace it. Just trying to save my self alot of cost. Thank you

billymac

November, 9, 2011 AT 3:10 AM

Yw I understand you can find one at a junkyard just look it over really good because there are a lot of flood cars out there. Good luck thanks for asking. Billymac