Greetings! Upon completing the repair of an ignition issue, I'm noticing now that our Grand Caravan has another problem: the speedometer stays at zero; digital odometer lights up, but does not advance as miles are driven; car is "limp mode" (2nd gear only, will not shift to higher gears). OBD2 codes reported are P0731, P0500, P0700.
P0500 indicates possible electrical connection problem or failed vehicle speed sensor. Here are my questions:
- Is this Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) different from the transmission input & output speed sensors?
- Assuming this is a different sensor, where is this VSS located? (I have found the location of the two transmission speed sensors.) Does anyone have a photo or diagram showing this VSS?
- Is this VSS likely the cause of these symptoms? Can a failure in the VSS cause the transmission to go into limp mode? Or does that indicate it is more likely the transmission input or output speed sensor? (Would then cause the speedometer and odometer to stop working)?
- Is there any chance that the Transmission Control Module itself has gone bad?
- Or could I have possibly done anything (while replacing the ignition switch) that could cause such symptoms? Or is this totally unrelated?
Thanks much for your help, John : )
Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 2:54 AM