Screw Removal Problem

One of the screws that holds the headlight assembly spins but won't back out of its holes on the drivers side of a 1997 Concorde. How do we get the screw out? Is there a nut of some kind at the bottom end that we can't access? The other screw came out fine. Upward pressure under the screw head had no effect. Thanks.

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 AT 3:56 AM

See if this helps
93- 97 Chrysler Concorde Series One
I received the following unsolicited information, via the internet, from Matt Houseward 4-24-05 (someone I don't know):
The '96 Concorde does not have fog lamps, so option 2 is not available if the t-15 bolts strip out of the plastic and won't move. The first thing to do is remove both turn signals. These unclip very easily. If you can unscrew one of the t-15 bolts closest to the grill then that headlight will swing in and out using the other bolt as a hinge. This is only possible if the turn signal is removed. Once it swings out it is easy to replace the bulb. As a matter of fact, I would almost suggest leaving in the t-15 bolt further from the grill because it acts as a stabilizer and frees up your hands. If both bolts strip, the bulb can STILL be replaced. First, remove the turn signal and the bulb. Second, remove the two screws that secure the headlight assembly (3/8"). There is now enough play for you to snake your hand behind the headlight assembly and unscrew the bulb from the headlight casing. You will need to hold it from behind the assembly and unscrew it from in front of the assembly. You may need to recruit someone with small hands. Once the bulb is unscrewed, take it out from behind the assembly (there's not a whole lot of cord so you won't have a lot of slack), replace the bulb, and snake it back behind the assembly. Feed it back into the casing, and screw it back in using one hand behind the assembly, and one hand in front.

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 AT 4:43 AM