TIRES

1997 Chrysler 300

shippyds

April, 13, 2011 AT 1:21 AM

I had Tiger paw tires put on my 1997 Chrysler Town and Country about 3 weeks ago. If I apply my brakes I get a pull to the right, a stronger pull if I apply my brakes harder and quicker. Any ideas?

Wheel Assembly

Left Wheel Drags

caradiodoc

April, 13, 2011 AT 1:40 AM

Swap the two front tires side-to-side and see if it pulls the other way. You're observation is one we use on front-wheel-drive cars to help identify a tire pull vs. An alignment pull. A tire pull will go the other way under acceleration.

If swapping the tires changes the pull, rotate them front-to-back and just leave them that way until two wear out, then just replace those two. General and Uniroyal tires had a real big problem with broken belts in the 1980s and 90s. I don't know if that is still the case but that wouldn't show up in only three weeks. Very often a tire pull is just a characteristic of one pair of tires and it doesn't necessarily mean there is a defect.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement