CAR NO START INJECTORS NOT PULSING

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

tutter2367

September, 28, 2011 AT 8:19 PM

I did manage to start it once the other day using starter fluid & putting a little gas into cylinders my self and once car started it ran better than ever it seemed to have much more power old o2 sensor was bad and ran way to rich. But once I shut it off I could no longer start it. It seems that I dont get an intitial pulse from injectors but once it gets up to certain rpm they work. I have changed fuel pump, filter, ignition module coil packs and crank sensor.I have good fuel pressure good spark on all plugs I checked for power to all injectors and checked the resistance of all injectors about 12 ohms each. But did not get pulse with noid lite. I tried unplugging sensors and starting no luck there & not vats issue tried both keys and security light always goes off. More than 5 gallons fuel in tank. Not been able to restart with starter fluid. When I started it the first time I poured gas into every cylinder kinda hard to get to 1, 3, 5 now that its together and just 246 doesnt spin it up fast enough I thought for sure it had to be ignition module or coils sence it ran well after started so took back new module exchange for another one and no luck. They tested coils they where good.

September, 28, 2011 AT 8:31 PM

Assuming all your statements are accurate. It sounds like a failed pcm. Does the check engine light work? Did you check for any codes?

wolfenpixels

September, 28, 2011 AT 10:47 PM

Check the output from the pcm for the injector pulse command.

cadieman

September, 28, 2011 AT 11:06 PM

Find the injecter fuse and test for power on both sides

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right