WHY WON'T THE ENGINE START IF IT FIRES UP N ROLLS OVER

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 4:40 PM

1997 cavalier fires up but won't start, it only starts when fuel is thrown in the throttle body. Car turns over good. Fuel regulator changed and fuel pump and fuel filter, wires checked and good fuel pump got primed up. Still nothing injectors are working.

saturntech9

June, 14, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

What is the exact fuel pressure?Also you checked the injectors for pluse with a noid light?

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 5:42 PM

The fuel pressure is normal I placed a new fuel pressure regulator in the car and the pulse was checked all injectors are working

saturntech9

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

That makes no sense if you have good fuel pressure which is how much psi?Also the injectors are pulsing but wont start?But will start when spraying carb spray in the throttle body?

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:30 PM

41-45 psi probably over looked one of the injectors? Cud it be a crank sensor problem?

saturntech9

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:41 PM

If it was a crank sensor issue you wouldnt have spark and it wouldnt start even with carb spray.

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:42 PM

So more than likely it's probably the injectors the pressure is good

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:43 PM

Could it Also be the PCM?

saturntech9

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

So all the injectors are pulsing?You did check it with a noid light each harness and the pulses while cranking?Also what lead up to the no start?

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:54 PM

I checked um wrong then will re-check. Firstly the car was runnin on 3 cyclinders which cause the catalytic converter to clogged. Changed the ignition coil pack and changed the fuel pressure regulator cause car was runnin rich in gas. It would stall and cut off n start right back up so I changed the fuel pump yesterday into a new one along with the fuel filter. Originally when cranked I couldn't hear the fuel pump cut on that's why I assumed it went. Car would take long to strt in the m

Travette91

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

Checked the fuses and wiring with test light

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test