Here is the way you refill coolant on your car.
NOTICE: When adding coolant. It is important that you use GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL (orange-colored, silicate-free) coolant mceting GM Specification 6277M. If silicated coolant is added to the system, premature engine. Heater core or radiator corrosion may result. In addition, the engine coolant will require change sooner - at 50, OOO km (30.000 miles) or 24 months.
1. Close the radiator drain valve and remove drain tuhe.
2. Install all engine block drain plugs if previously removed.
O Use pipe sealer when insLalling drain plugs.
3. When adring coolant, it is important that you use GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL (orange-colored, silicate-free) coolant meeling GM Specification 6277M. If silicated coolant is added to the system, premature engine, heater core or radiator corrosion may result. In addition, the engine coolant will require change sooner - at 50,000 km (30,000 miles) or 24 months.
O On vehicles produced with the 2.2L engine loosen the engine coolant alr bleed screw located on the top side of the engine coolant outlet. Add coolant until all sir is evacuated through air bleed, Tighten air bleed screw.
Important: The bleeder screw must be tightened prior to starting the engine of the vehicle. Failure to tighten the bleeder screw may introduce air into the cooling system, resulting an incomplete coolant fill and possible engine overheating causing component failure.
* When refilling the engine cooling system. Add (2) crushed engine cooling system supplement sealer pellets GM part #3634621 or equivalent.
4. Fill the surge tank [0 the base of the filler neck.
5. Pressure cap onto the surge tank.
O Block the drive wheels and firrnly apply the parking brake. Shift an automatic transaxle to "Park", or shift manual transaxle to Neutral. Run the engine until the upper radiater hose is hot.
O Stop the engine. Observe the level of coolant in the surge tank or radiator. If not ahove the "Full" line, allow the engine to cool enough to relieve pressure, then carefully remove surge tank cap and add coolant.
6. Surge tank cap.
O After servicing the cooling system, an occasional intermittent low coolant light (if equipped) may be encountered during some extreme driving maneuvers. This complaint should he eliminated by removing the surge tank cap and adding coolant to a level just at or above the "Cold Full" mark when the system is cold.
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 8:16 PM