When it rains my wipers work intermittently

CHEVYGIRL2011
  • 1997 CHEVROLET ASTRO

My oil, gas, and temperature gauges do not work. Also, my wipers do not work constantly when it rains.

please help! :-)

Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 1:38 PM

WRENCHTECH

Those problems may be unrelated. The dash clusters fail often and can be tested with a scan tool. Both problems would have to be troubleshooted when the problem is present.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 2:53 PM
LAURAFRESNO
  • 1998 CHEVROLET ASTRO
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic

my wiper motor works but when I turn on wipers they do not work or will work if I wiggle the lever on the steering column. When I turn them off they stay on for quite some time, but when they stop it is in various places (usually in the middle of where I need to see).

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
DAVE H
  • MERGED

You need to replace the wiper control lever. You have a bad electrical connection inside the arm somewhere. You could just try removing and cleaning the connections.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
JAAA
  • 2000 CHEVROLET ASTRO
  • MERGED

My van is having a bad week. Windshield wipers quit working along with power door locks. Are the two related? What should I be looking at? Are locks (if they quit working gradually, one door at a time) due to actuator? Does the windshield wiper problem have to be the motor? Controller circuit board? I do not know enough about these problems.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
FIXITMR
  • MERGED

Check for good ground (negative) to wiper assembly. They are rubber insulated mounts so a ground wire has be connected to it. This usually comes loose/breaks off/corrodes and they quit. Very common on lots of vehicles. And locks probably the actuators.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
DAN_K
  • 222 POSTS
  • MERGED

The wipers and the door locks are both controlled by the body control module. A Chevrolet dealership will be able to use a scan tool to check for trouble codes and diagnose the problem.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
CADIEMAN
  • MERGED

You need to replace the actuators. Then check the wiper fuse. Test for voltage at the motor.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
HAVENOIDEAHOW
  • 1994 CHEVROLET ASTRO
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 150,000 miles

I have been having some problems with my windshield wiper. My husband and brother and law were supposed to fix them, but I am tired of waiting and wondering when it will be fix. The windshield wipers have a mind of their own because they would work whenever they want. Now they will not work at all. I keep hearing this hum noise every time I want to use them. I can keep waiting of someone to do them for me. Can you help me? Thanks.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
KIDBLUE
  • MERGED

It sounds like a grounding problem just run a wire from your wiper motor to a good ground like a bolt. The motors are grounded through the harness and sometimes they do not work very good. I have replaced two motors until I figured it out.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM
ANCEL1930A
  • 1996 CHEVROLET ASTRO
  • MERGED

What would be the most likely cause for the windshield wipers to stop working?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:08 PM