Why wont car start

CUSO
  • 1997 CADILLAC STS

II was told my 1997 Cadillac sts needed a fuel pump. Had no pressure. Changed the pump, ran fine as soon as I started it. Went to leave work and start car, wouldn't start. Also the gas Gage reads full all the time even if there's only little gas in it. Checkedplugy to tank today after jacking car up. Car started, drove home, started car a little bit later, and it started but died out. Now wont start available. Ease hell

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

DRCRANKNWRENCH

The fuel pump relay may be failing intermitantly. Try replacing that and also have antoher shop test the fuel pressure.
Before you do any of that, have the trouble codes pulled. Any Auto Zone or Advance Auto will do this for free and it will let you know most electrical issues involved.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 10:43 AM
WRENCHTECH

If your gas gauge is suddenly incorrect after replacing the fuel pump, then chances are you either have a defective pump or damaged something installing it.

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 AT 11:07 AM