WHY WONT CAR START

1997 Cadillac STS

cuso

February, 28, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

II was told my 1997 Cadillac sts needed a fuel pump. Had no pressure. Changed the pump, ran fine as soon as I started it. Went to leave work and start car, wouldn't start. Also the gas Gage reads full all the time even if there's only little gas in it. Checkedplugy to tank today after jacking car up. Car started, drove home, started car a little bit later, and it started but died out. Now wont start available. Ease hell

DrCranknWrench

February, 28, 2012 AT 10:43 AM

The fuel pump relay may be failing intermitantly. Try replacing that and also have antoher shop test the fuel pressure.
Before you do any of that, have the trouble codes pulled. Any Auto Zone or Advance Auto will do this for free and it will let you know most electrical issues involved.

Wrenchtech

February, 28, 2012 AT 11:07 AM

If your gas gauge is suddenly incorrect after replacing the fuel pump, then chances are you either have a defective pump or damaged something installing it.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang