TODAY CAR INFORMATION PANEL SAID LOW OIL PRESSURE TURN OFF ENGINE

1997 Cadillac Deville

B&S4Yeshua

February, 12, 2012 AT 2:29 AM

Haven't changed oil in 9 mos. Had plenty oil in it~needed chged! Due to losing my job haven't changed oil in 8~9 mos. But always kept check on it to make sure had plenty oil in it. Today information panel with lots of "dinging bells" said turn off engine~low oil pressure. We are changing the oil but is it ok to drive it 6 miles round trip to get the oil/filter etc? Of course I wouldn't hold it against ya's if something happened I just wanna know cause we had to drive it 6 miles after the bells & warning started. Thx <><

February, 12, 2012 AT 2:38 AM

If I were you check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge Could be the oil pressure switch-Do you hear any type of knocking noises both upper and lower part of the engine?

B&S4Yeshua

February, 12, 2012 AT 3:01 PM

Nah, No knocking noises. Whew! But went out today drove to the store 4 miles round trip from home and guess what. No bells ringing. No warnings on info panel dash. Wow, thx so much for ya's answer & God Bless <><

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger