DEAR SIRSOME TIMES WHEN I TURN THE SWITCH THE ...

1997 Audi A3

Anonymous

November, 9, 2012 AT 7:24 PM

Dear sir,
some times when I turn the switch, the motor do not start. I open the hood and hit the selenoid switch with a screwdriver and bingo the motor start. Do you have an idea what can be the problem. It can go good for a few days or week. Like this week it is starting everyday without having to hit the selenoid switch since thursday lastweek.
Thank you very much
Daniël

saturntech9

November, 9, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

Sounds like the solenoid if you hit it and it wouldnt start untill you hit it. Do you have a test light to do some testing?

Danie1951

November, 9, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

No sir I dont have test light, but if you tell me about the testings to do I can go to my mechanic and ask him dothem for me.

saturntech9

November, 9, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

Here's the problem you have to do the tests when it doesnt start.

saturntech9

November, 9, 2012 AT 9:29 PM

Have you ever used a test light?

Danie1951

November, 9, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

No sir I never used a test light I am not a mechanic. But if you tell me what the tests are that I have to do when the motor doesnot start I call the mechanic and he will come to do the tests you are giving me to do with the test light.
Trully yours
Daniel

November, 10, 2012 AT 2:12 AM

I THINK "THE PLAN" HERE WAS TO MAYBE GET YOU TO DIY THIS DEAL---IT COULD VERY WELL BE A SIMPLE FIX!!!!

..................NO MECHANIC INVOLVEDMORE MONEY TO SPEND AT CHRISTMAS!

BESIDES, IF HE IS A MECHANIC, HE'LL SURELY KNOW WHAT TO DO ON HIS OWN!

A TEST LIGHT IS VERY INEXPENSIVE--- A DIGITAL VOLTMETER CAN BE HAD FROM $5--ON UP.....I 'LL SHOW YOU ONE IN THIS LINK BELOW..........THEY CAN RAGE FROM $4 ON UP

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_innova-test-light--circuit-tester-equus_25980120-p?searchTerm=test+light

JUST A QUICK COURSE ON HOW IT WORKS

CONNECT THE CLIP TO A GOOD GROUND---TOUCH THE SCREWDRIVER NEEDLE END TO ANY WIRE/TERMINAL ETC......... IF BATTERY VOLTAGE IS PRESENT---THE LIGHT INSIDE THE HANDLE WILL LIGHT UP

BELOW IS A PIC OF ME TESTING A FUSE WITH A TEST LIGHT----SOME FUSES CANNOT BE "SEEN THRU"---THIS IS A QUICK WAY TO TEST ONE USING THE BATTERY TO RUN A COMPLETE CIRCUIT THRU THE FUSE---IF THE FUSE IS GOOD---THE CIRCUIT IS COMPLETE AND THE LIGHT LIGHTS UP!

BASICALLY.....A 3RD GRADE SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT!

END OF SCHOOL!!!!!!

NOW---I'LL LET saturntech9 EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THE SIMPLE TESTING AT THE SOLENOID!!!---ALL YOURS BUDDY!

Danie1951

November, 10, 2012 AT 8:28 AM

Goodmorning sir,
I am an electricien and have A DIGITAL VOLTMETER and if you explain to me how to do the testing at the Selenoid sure I am able to do it my self. Waiting for your response to do the job.
Sincerely yours,
Danià l

Danie1951

November, 10, 2012 AT 5:01 PM

I think you are a scammmer and just wanted my 2 dollar donation. Because still you didnot tell me how to test the selenoid.

saturntech9

November, 10, 2012 AT 7:39 PM

We are not scamers we have a lot of questions to answer each day so you have a A3 because I only have info for us sold cars I only have a A4 listed in my info for that year. The A4 shows the solenoid on the starter and the black smaller wire to starter should have power when the key is in the start position when it wont start. Is yours like that?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right