OVER HEATING

1997 Acura Integra

Dana_Guam

March, 13, 2011 AT 5:39 PM

I have a 1997 Acura Integra 1.8 engine (4 Door). I had it over heat on me the other day and I did notice that my cooling fans was not comming on when the car would idel. The fans came on when I turned on my AC. So, what I did was pulled the switch of the coolant sensor and touched the sensor with a paper clip and the fans came on. So I replaced the coolant sensor with a new one. Well, my fans still do not come on. Would it be that the thermostat is stuck? If so where would I locat that thermostat on my 1997 Integra?

March, 13, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

Hafa Adai to do mauleg from Dededo this moment, Is it an LS, GS, RS coupe or sedan. Try the Stat and get back with me.

Dana_Guam

March, 13, 2011 AT 6:52 PM

Si Yu us ma ase
It's just a Gs model. I am out here in CA. I have replaced this part at the end of the summer of 2010. I hope it is nothing else that I will have to replace. If I remember the one I bought last summer is the type that is not supposed to close. But then again anything is not full proof.
Thanks,
D. Calvo

March, 13, 2011 AT 7:53 PM

The thermostat controls the engine temperature and the coolant temperature sensor reads it and send it to the computer for other purposes rather than the cooling fans itself -when the computer picks up the correct coolant temperature it activates the fan relay to fire up the cooling fans

If I remember the one I bought last summer is the type that is not supposed to close. The thermostat is not suppose to work that way-if it stays open the engine will not reach the correct operating temperature where the computer should fire up the fans and also you'll be burning gas bcuz its locked-up in the open loop mode-not switching to closed loop-where the oxygen sensor is controlling the air/fuel mixture.

The pic I gave earlier is where the thermostat at-let me know-click on my name and send me PM

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement